Most people think that getting a healthy skin has everything to do with using expensive creams and maintaining a rigorous skincare routine. But in reality, obtaining a healthy skin is much more than slathering on these chemical loaded, over advertised products. Not only these products poke a hole in your pocket but the acquired results are also short-lived. But if you are looking for results which are long-lasting and easy to acquire, then yoga is the answer for you. There are specific yoga poses which aim at improving the skin and making it glow from within.
But before getting into the yoga poses which can help you get that perfect skin, let us first have a look at the common culprits which prevent us from having that perfect skin. Some of the most common skin problems which we all face at some point in our life are:
- Premature aging of the skin- The harmful rays of the sun, an unhealthy diet, excessive and prolonged use of cosmetics, lifestyle habits, etc. are the most common reasons for early signs of aging. Smoking, drugs and alcohol consumption also adds to the symptoms.
- Acne- Another common skin problem which affects a very large chunk of the population all over the world is acne. Acne may also be the result of various factors such as genetics, hygiene, eating habits, hormonal imbalances, etc.
- A disturbed gut is also one of the most common reasons for acne in both teens and adults.
But whatever might be the reason, yoga can help you achieve that flawless looking skin. Yoga asanas which improve the blood flow towards the face and head are great for getting a natural glow. Some of these asanas are:
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Halasana (Plough Pose)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Shishuasana (Child Pose)
Regular practice of these asanas helps in correcting these flaws to get a healthy and beautiful looking skin. Along with that, try to drink a big glass of water that has been stored in a copper tumbler overnight to fasten the results. Copper water is loaded with antioxidants which help in making your skin glow from within.